Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not To Sound Racist....but I'm Not Really Into Blog Guys....

Shalom,

I've never blogged before and have always thought they were kinda "whatever". Not sure why you're reading this but, oh well. I'll assume there's an audience for this. And I thank you for reading. If I knew who you were you'd get a really swell hug from me!

So let's assume I write more in the future. I'll try to keep the same format. If you can call it that. I'll have links and if I mention a cast/crew-mate it will be in red if you're vain and wanna skip the rest of the shit I say. Which in all honesty is fine by me.

I think I'll start each paragraph with a topic...it'll read "RE: Topic" because it'll help organize my flow and because R.E. is my name kinda....so always read it like that and chuckle to yourself.


RE: Me


I tend to be myself...at least every time I check. Also, I'm not Jewish even though I go to WashU and my name's Ariel David (Pronounced Daveed) Scott and I say things like "Shalom." I kinda wish I were so I could be black and Jewish a.k.a. Blewish

I'm in this show because I was in Hairspray at WashU and Scott (Mr. New Line himself) saw it and I guess liked it or was really desperate to fill the "black guy" role in his show so he asked me to be in it. So I guess I didn't really audition like the others and I've never been paid for a show so this is some new territory sorta shit.

Also, I type like I talk so...sorry if that's too much.

Anyways, I'm from Iowa and so is Ryan, our Cry-Baby. Pretty much everywhere you go there's an Iowan. You just don't know it. There's probably one within a 30 foot radius of you right now. They just haven't come out yet.

I like to wear hats I bought at the kids section of Target...it's the only section you could get something like a glow-in-the-dark Transformers beanie...it's okay if you wanna judge me for that...

Um...I think that's enough about me...


RE: The Show


I have this poster in my room and noticed the Marquis. Under the Kodak sign. Found it?

I haven't seen the Movie version yet but I guess I should. I'll let you know how that goes...


This script is funny! Haven't really thoroughly read through it, just kinda skimmed it...maybe I shouldn't be writing that...oh well. We're all friends here, friends don't keep secrets.

The songs are HILLARIOUS...seriously, kids.

The Broadway show was apparently a flop which is sad. Here's the preview of it. The part at 0:18 cracks me the fuck up. So does Screw Loose which I'm positive our Lenora, Terrie will KILL she sounds phenomenoms! HOW DID THIS FLOP!!?? If anything Scott will make a believer out of you. This man is serious biz. He can see this show has some SERIOUS potential. That's partly why I picked my blog title...that's a shitty movie but coulda been big...again partly. Mostly cuz it has Dupree in it.


RE: My Character

It's Dupree.

I'm also still not sold on how to spell Dupree...Dupre...DuPree...DuPre....Dupré?...I feel like I've seen it a bunch of different ways. Also no clue if that's a last name or what...it's some ghetto ass pseudonym....like Seaweed.

My character is basically...male this. And I think that's pretty sicknasty. I love it. Also Patina Miller is in Sister Act on Broadway....damn good movie....best finale ever.

As you can tell my train of thought is constantly chugging along and on the verge of derailment.

Dupree is actually REALLY similar to Seaweed from Hairspray. Both Original Broadway Casts were the same dude, Chester Gregory II who has such a pretty voice I can't stand it. He's friends with the male lead. They both have been played by me.

I think it's cool I get to be the second guy playing Dupree...if someone bootlegs our performance (don't) then like...I'll be the only version on youtube pretty much...that's terrifying...so don't bootleg...

The only good quality performance I can find of this show and Dupree in particular online is from the Tonys and it's A Little Upset. What I keep focusing on is Dupree's hair....wow. Good luck with that, hairstylists.

Dupree is supposed to be like Little Richard but less Tooty Fruity, you feel me? I don't have a lot of lines, which I kinda like, but my favorite ones are the ones that are just "OOOOO" Yes.
..I will have fun with that.


RE: Rehearsals

We've had them for like a week now.

I love Scott he's such a boss and from the first rehearsal I felt really comfortable even though I didn't really know anyone.

I knew Dowdy and Zach because they were in Hairspray with me and were wonderful then. I will miss seeing Zach in a bra everyday but you can't have everything.

The rest of the cast seems so open and awesome. I haven't gotten to really talk too much with everyone but I'm pretty damn sure we'll be friends. I also have a cast crush already but more about that later.

We're learning music really quickly but it's in a fun and very talented environment so I don't mind.

This stuff is SO much fun to sing but it can get pretty hard. Dupree is all over the place with ad-libs and what not. I hope to get to the level of everyone else in the cast.

The Whiffles sound phenomenal and make me wanna vote Republican.

Marcy, our Pepper, can belt like nobody's business....and she's a serious dresser too....the other Teardrops sound so on point and seem genuinely funny which is necessary with them. They are all also like eerily fashionable. Idk...just something I noticed.

Taylor, our Allison, has a GAWJUSS voice....it's so pretty but she can also put the stank on it like in the song Misery....Woe never sounded so good

Ryan our Cry-Baby, sounds SO much better than the original guy...who sounds kinda bitch-ass. He also has a sweet 'stache. These are things you need to know.

I haven't had much exposure to everyone else
in the group numbers but they seem really awesome and I'm SURE they are because Scott picked them.

RE: Things that Tickle Me (Mostly Cast Inside Jokes)

  1. Life Is A Long Road To Death
  2. Twisty On Back (And all the other shit in the dance break score of A Little Upset)
  3. Aunty Polio
  4. Ass Chords
  5. Racist Monkeys

RE: Cast Crush

I know I probably shouldn't do this but I'll try and keep it a secret. It's just hard for me to reveal so much about myself without including some intimate details.

Anyways for anyone reading, especially you-know-who, my cast crush has developed rather quickly. This person is interesting, funny, and easy on the eyes. Not to mention damn talented.

A lot of the other cast mates said that this person has already been blogged about but it seemed rather negative. I, however, want to add some positive words for my future boo.

I pretend to give my crush a hard time, mostly because my crush gives me a hard time but I think it's because we don't know how to express our emotions very well. When you're dealing with love like this it can get pretty cray cray.

I just want my crush to know that the cast doesn't hate them (I mean not entirely...I think) but I think they just are all jealous.

I want to leave this crush of mine an update on my raging love each time I post...this is just the teaser...the foreplay if you will.

I'll call this person Shaq Armor from now on...which surprisingly exists and looks like this. =>

Shaq Armor, you are gonna be my schnookums someday. Until then, I'll admire you from this veil of anonymity.


RE: In Closing...

Sweet wounded Jesus that was much longer than I expected! It all just kinda flowed out of me naturally and was pretty fun! Let's do it again sometime!

...

She said all of that.

SHALOM!
Ari




No comments:

Post a Comment